Print Friendly Recipe
- Baked beans with all of the fixins
- 3 15 oz (420 grm). cans of pork and beans (Showboat brand my favorite)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Worchestire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown or white sugar (combination of two okay)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ketchup
- 8 ounces of bacon (precooked & crumbled)
- Mix all ingredients and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for approximately one hour. Time and temperature can be varied. Tastes best cooked relatively long at lower temperature.
- Can be prepared in microwave with same good texture and flavor.
- For microwave cooking, use lid or cover, and use 50% power or less, and cook for 30 minutes or more.
- Slow cooking seems to make texture & taste better, even in microwave.
- This is not a new dish, but everyone seems to like my baked beans.
My stepmother's mother made her baked beans with Worchestire sauce. I've followed her recipe, and I think this really makes a difference in the dish. I don't measure ingredients or use a consistent time & temperature. So I had to guess for making a suggestion.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.