Print Friendly Recipe
- Patty Johnson
Serves/Makes:1 8-inch cobbler
- 12 Tbs (175 ml). butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) peeled and sliced tart apples
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Melt 4 Tbs (60 ml). butter
- Pour into 8-inch square cake pan.
- Spread evenly and arrange the apples over it.
- Mix 1/4 tsp (1 ml). of the salt with 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the sugar.
- Sprinkle evenly over the apples; set aside.
- Melt remaining 8 Tbs (125 ml). butter in small pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add milk and egg.
- Beat well.
- Mix flour, baking powder, remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar and remaining 1/2 tsp (2 ml).salt in a bowl.
- Stir in milk and egg mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour over apples.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve from pan in squares with fruit side up.
- Serve plain or with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- This is just another one of those good old fashion dessert recipes!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.