Print Friendly Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) all purpose flour
- dash salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- Crisco for frying (no substitute)
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla and sour cream.
- With a wooden spoon mix gently.
- Remove dough from bowl onto floured surface.
- Knead dough lightly until well mixed. (too much kneading will cause dough to be hard)
- Divide dough into three balls.
- With first ball roll lightly on floured counter into a square or rectangle. The thinner the better because they do bubble up.
- Cut pieces (3 inch X 5 inch.) Slit center with sharp knife.
- Drop into hot crisco 3 or 4 at a time, turning until golden brown.
- Remove and set on paper towel to drain.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- When cool sift generously with powdered sugar.
- Store in shoe or bakery box. Do not store airtight. Dough may get soft.
- Easter and Christmas is when the grandchildren look forward to
these wonderful, light treats. They know I don't make them any
other time of the year. Tradition! Love sharing with you. Enjoy!!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.