Print Friendly Recipe
- Sauce (Make and refrigerate until needed):
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). minced fresh garlic
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sherry
- 1 can condensed chicken broth
- (Put everything in a quart jar with lid and shake it up, then put it in the refrigerator. Shake it up when ready to use again.)
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/4 up soy suace
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) cornstarch
- 2 cups (475 ml) sliced green onions
- 8 small dried hot peppers, seeds removed
- fried or steamed rice
- Mix chicken, soy sauce, and pepper.
- Stir in egg.
- Add cornstarch, and mix until chicken pieces are coated.
- Deep fry 7 or 8 chicken pieces at a time in 350 degree (175 C.) oil until chicken pieces are crispy.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat until all chicken pieces are fried.
- Place small amount of oil (1 tsp (5 ml).) in wok and heat to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Add onions and peppers, and stirfry about 30 seconds.
- Stir sauce mixture and add to wok.
- Cook until thick.
- If it gets too thick, add water to right consistency.
- Add chicken to wok and cook until all is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with fried or steamed rice.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.