Print Friendly Recipe
- Leeya bat Avraham
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup (80 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grits
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) egg substitute (or two large eggs)
- 1 cup (225 ml) non-fat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) non-fat sour cream
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.) Fahrenheit.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Use 1/4 to 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar, depending on preference of sweetness.
- You may want to add just 1/4 first and taste the batter, then add more sugar if you want it slightly sweeter in flavor.
- In another bowl, combine liquids.
- Fold dry ingredients into the liquid and combine until just moistened. Don't overmix.
- Pour batter into muffin tins until each is about 3/4 full.
- Bake on the center rack for 15-20 minutes or until tester poked in the center comes out clean.
- Check at 15 minutes to see how they look since ovens vary.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from tins.
- This is a solid muffin and is very heavy felling. It has a rich taste.
It's very suitable for breakfast or a morning snack. It comes out very
yellow in color and is very attractive.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.