Print Friendly Recipe
- Soups & Sandwiches by Jean Pare
Serves/Makes:approx. 5 cups/1.25 Litres
- 3 cups (700 ml) diced potatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced onion
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) diced carrot
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) diced celery
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken stock ( homemade or canned)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt (if using canned stock omit salt)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper (white is best)
- 2 cups (475 ml) medium grated cheddar cheese
- Measure first 7 ingredients into saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Do not drain.
- Run tender vegetables and stock through blender.
- Sometimes hot liquid in blender will lift lid off blender while in operation, to save a mess place a towel over blender before you turn it on.
- Once all vegetables are pureed return this liquid to saucepan and add cheese, stir and heat slowly to melt the cheese.
BEER CHEDDAR SOUP - Add 1/2 cup of beer, 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese and
1/2 tsp. dry mustard to the above recipe for Cheddar Cheese Soup.
CHEDDAR CHOWDER - follow the above Cheddar Cheese
Soup recipe but do not blend vegetables.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.