Print Friendly Recipe
- A simple but delicious casserole
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups (475 ml) frozen peas and carrots
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). dry rice
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg. smoked sausages (Smokies) or cut up Kielbasa
- Lightly grease a casserole dish.
- Put a layer of sliced potatoes, salt and pepper, chopped onion and part of the soup, leaving enough to cover last layer.
- Cover with peas and carrots and sprinkle on the rice.
- Layer remaining potatoes and onions, salt only.
- Top with remaining tomato soup.
- Place sausages on top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake until potatoes are tender.
- This has been a favorite for my children when they were young.
Now that they are married they also serve this recipe to their
young ones. It seems the little ones have a hard time chewing
other meats and any type of sausage makes sense. I particularly
prefer the little smokies.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.