Print Friendly Recipe
- Soups, Cheese, Desserts
- 4 cups (950 ml) chicken broth
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) butter
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) flour
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 6 oz (168 grm) grated cheddar cheese
- 2 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 2 3 oz (84 grm) ham, diced
- Tabasco sauce
- bacon bits
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Heat chicken stock.
- Melt 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter; saute carrots and onions until tender. Add to broth.
- Make white roux with 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter and 4 tbsp (60 ml) flour. Add to stock.
- Add cheddar cheese, parsley, ham and 1 drop tabasco sauce. Season to taste.
- Heat until cheese is melted.
- Top with bacon bits when served.
- Makes 4 8-ounce-servings.
Source: Favorite Recipes from Bode`r's On-the-River, Mequon, WI and The Woolen Mill Inn, Cedarburg, WI.
Posted by Allie Krebs, Courtesy of Fred Peters.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.