Print Friendly Recipe
- Carole Ann
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 10 slices white bread, crust removed
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 cup (225 ml) celery, sliced thin
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). poultry seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- Trim crust from bread, reserving crust.
- Cut bread slices diagionally into triangles.
- Cut reserved crust into cubes.
- Combine bread cubes, chicken, celery and 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) cheese.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange bread triangles over chicken mixture.
- Combine mayonnaise, eggs, and seasonings; mix well.
- Gradually add milk, mixing until blended.
- Pour over bread.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours, or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 30 minutes.
- MAKE SURE you place the casserole dish in COLD oven and let warm with oven.
- This dish is best when allowed to sit overnight before baking.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.