Print Friendly Recipe
- Carole Ann
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- dash pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded sharp (or mild) cheddar cheese
- In medium saucepan combine broth, carrot, celery and onion.
- Bring to boiling: reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine milk, flour and pepper.
- Stir into broth mixture.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Makes 5 side-dish or 3 main-dish servings.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.