Print Friendly Recipe
- Moist and delicious
- Carol K.
Serves/Makes:1 2 lb. loaf or 2 small loaves
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter, melted
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped walnuts
- Mash bananas well and mix with beaten egg.
- Add sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Melt butter and add to the banana mixture.
- Sift together remaining dry ingredients and add to banana mixture.
- Bake in a greased 5 inch x 9 inch pan (2 lbs (.9 kg). loaf pan) or two smaller pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour.
- If using smaller pans, bake for 40 minutes.
- From the Forum School cookbook, Waldwick, NJ
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.