Print Friendly Recipe
- Layered Mexican beef and cheese dip
- Mickie Ross
- 1 lb (.5 kg) ground beef
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can refried beans
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). jar chunky salsa
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 small can chopped black olives
- 2 avocados
- Brown ground beef and prepare with packaged taco seasoning according to directions.
- Drain and hold to cool.
- Empty can of refried beans into 13 x 9 cassarole dish, heat 1 minute in microwave.
- Spread refried beans across bottom of dish for first layer.
- Add prepared beef layer.
- Peel and chop avocados into small pieces, add chunky salsa and mix thoroughly and pour across beef layer.
- Stir sour cream and add as next layer.
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes and chopped black olives.
- Complete with layer of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve with lots of nacho style chips and stand back for the return traffic.
- I use this as a carry-in at work as well as home entertaining. It has never failed to please.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.