Print Friendly Recipe
- Vegetarian Souffle type casserole
- Joyce Anderson
Serves/Makes:1 - 9x13 inch pan
- 6 slices firm white bread
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soft butter or margarine
- 1 1 lb (.5 kg). can whole kernal corn, drained
- 2 cups (475 ml) thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 7 oz (196 grm). can California green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded Jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt (really needs a bit more)
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- Trim off bread crusts, spread with butter.
- Arrange buttered side down in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Distribute the corn evenly over the bread, and then arrange the zucchini evenly over the corn.
- Sprinkle the chiles and the cheese evenly over the zucchini.
- Beat the eggs slightly, then beat in the milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned and puffed.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
- This is a very easy dish that is really delicious. It is a great one to take to potlucks. A hit every time.
This is not a spicy dish if prepared according to directions - can be spiced up by adding more chilies or changing type of chili.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.