Print Friendly Recipe
- National Pasta Association
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lasagne, uncooked
- 1 24-oz. container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 5 tart, juicy cooking apples, cored, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 2 cups (475 ml) raisins (optional)
- 2 cups (475 ml) apple sauce, no sugar added
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the cottage cheese and mix in vanilla and salt.
- Mix cinnamon with apples.
- Mix raisins into apple sauce.
- Spray a 9 inch x 13 inch x 2 inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Starting with lasagne, layer lasagne, applesauce mixture, cottage cheese mixture and apples, ending with a layer of lasagne.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes, or until apples are tender and cheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot or cold, or re-heat in the microwave.
- Calories: 346 Protein: 18 g Carbohydrate: 57g Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 401mg
- This recipe is from a flyer from the National Pasta Association
2101 Wilson Blvd., Suite 920 Arlington, VA 22201 which I have had for
four or five years, but you could try writing to them and see if it is
still available - have enjoyed it several times but since my husband is
not fond of cheddar cheese, I leave it off the top and just spread some
more apple sauce in its place. Hope this is about what you are looking
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.