Print Friendly Recipe
- Valerie Kohl
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lean ground beef
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). lard (don't substitute)
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) garlic
- 1 quart (950 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) paprika
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cayenne
- salt to taste
- 8 weiners and buns
- Brown together the ground beef, lard, onion, salt and garlic.
- Bring the water to a boil and while stirring, add spices to the water.
- Add the spiced water to the ground beef mixture and simmer uncovered for 1 hour more.
- Can be thickened with flour or cornstarch or thinned with water.
- Serve with skin-on weiners over steamed buns.
- Add mustard, chopped onions and salt.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.