Print Friendly Recipe
- Romanos Macaroni Grills Gamberetti e Noci di Pino
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups (700 ml) sliced mushrooms, washed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) roasted pine nuts
- 6 handfuls fresh spinach leaves
- 6 cups (1425 ml) cooked vermicelli pasta
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) or more fresh garlic, minced
- Lemon Butter Sauce:
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) white pepper
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lightly salted butter, cut into tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Wash spinach and remove stems before drying leaves between paper towels; set aside.
- Spread pine nuts over bottom of sheet pan and place pan in oven on top rack.
- Roast until golden brown, approximately 2 to 4 minutes; remove from oven and set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- Wash and slice fresh mushrooms; set aside.
- Boil pasta in large pot of water to al dente stage according to directions on package; set aside.
- Prepare lemon butter sauce:
- Melt 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute shallots and garlic until translucent.
- Add white wine and reduce slightly more than half, whisking occasionally.
- Add cream and reduce by half.
- Add lemon juice and reduce by half.
- Add white pepper.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add remaining butter 2 tbsp (30 ml) at a time, whisking continuously after each addition to completely incorporate butter.
- Continue to simmer, whisking until sauce just coats spoon.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat melt the 4 tbsp (60 ml) of butter.
- Add garlic and saut until garlic is translucent.
- Stir in mushrooms, shrimp, and pine nuts.
- Saute several minutes or until shrimp are done and show color.
- Remove skillet from heat and gently stir in spinach.
- Place warm pasta on plate with shrimp mixture to the side.
- Pour lemon sauce over pasta, permitting a bit of sauce onto shrimp.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.