Print Friendly Recipe
- Potato Salad
- Theresa Santella
- 20 red potatoes (medium size)
- 18 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml) celery seed
- salt and pepper to taste (not too much as people like to add their own)
- 2 cups (475 ml) mayonaise
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vinegar
- Mix sugar and mayonnaise and let stand until dissolved (it will be shiny). Add the vinegar to the mayonnaise and sugar mixture.
- This dressing should be sweet rather than sour but not too sweet. Adjust to your taste.
- Cook potatoes till tender and drain.
- Cool slightly.
- Peel and cut potatos into bite size pieces.
- Cut cooked eggs into bite size pieces.
- Add onions and seasonings.
- Add dressing, tossing so that all the potatos are covered but not soaked.
- Slice an egg on top and sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.