Print Friendly Recipe
- Kate Ransdell
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). large shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- 1 cup (225 ml) thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated lime rind
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) honey
- 4 tsp (20 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). minced fresh cilantro
- 4 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 4 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large sweet onions, quartered
- lime wedges
- Combine first 10 ingredients (shrimp through jalapenos) in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, no longer than 2 hours.
- Remove shrimp from bag, reserving marinade.
- Thread shrimp, bell pepper cubes, individual onion slices, and finished with one lime wedge onto skewers, using 4 shrimp per skewer.
- Heat marinade to boiling.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Place skewers on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cook 4 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- This is from the June, 1998 issue of Cooking Light with some revisions on my part.
You can substitute 3 pounds of boneless, skinned chicken breast or pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes for the shrimp, if desired.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.