Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine
- 3 oz (84 grm). mushroom (save liquid)
- 7-1/2 oz (210 grm). can crab meat, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) saltine cracker crumbs
- 2 tbl parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 8 Flounder Filets
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry wine (optional)
- 4 oz (112 grm). shredded swiss cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- In skillet, cook onion in 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine until tender.
- Stir in mushrooms with flaked crab, cracker crumbs, parsley, 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt and dash of pepper.
- Spread mixture over fillets, roll and place seam down in baking dish.
- In sauce pan melt 3 Tbl butter, blend in flour and 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt.
- Add enough milk to mushroom liquid to make 1-1/2 cups (350 ml).
- Add wine to saucepan.
- Cook and stir until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Pour over filets.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 25 minutes, sprinkle with cheese and paprika and bake ten minutes more.
- This crab meat stuffing can be used for most dishes requiring
a seafood stuffing.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.