Print Friendly Recipe
- Very moist.
- The Piano Fairy
Serves/Makes:9 X 9 inch pan
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5 ml). soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) rhubarb cut in fine pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- nuts, if desired
- Cream the shortening and sugar.
- Add the egg and the buttermilk.
- Add the soda, vanilla and flour.
- Stir in the rhubarb.
- Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 - 60 minutes.
- Our family likes it served with whipped cream.
I think this recipe is 25 years old now - got it from a friend when we
were all newlyweds!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.