Print Friendly Recipe
- A lightly spicy, simple black bean soup
- Allen M.
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken broth
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 dried chile, ground
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp (5 ml) butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can black beans, drained
- Flour for thickening
- Salt and pepper
- Bring broth, tomato, chile, and cilantro to a boil, then simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Strain broth, then return to pot.
- Saute onion and cumin in butter, until onion starts to carmelize. Be careful not to scorch it with too much heat.
- Add onion and black beans, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle and stir flour to thicken a bit.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with sour cream, and some chopped cilantro and tomato.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.