Print Friendly Recipe
- An icing for cookies
- angie j
- 1 lb (.5 kg). confectioners sugar
- Whites from 3 large eggs (see note)
- liquid food colors
- In large bowl, beat sugar and egg whites with a mixer 5 to 7 minutes until glossy peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Keep icing covered when not using.
- Stir in a few drops of water until it's thin enough to spread with a spatula or butter knife.
- Once spread, allow icing to dry before applying another color.
- If you are concerned about the chance of raw egg whites with salmonella
contamination make icing with meringue powder.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.