Print Friendly Recipe
- Rainy Mountain Gardens
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). canned purple plums
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apricot preserves
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 2 tsp (10 ml). fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). red wine, rice wine, or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Drain plums, reserving 3/4 cup (175 ml) juice.
- Discard plum pits and stems.
- Puree plums.
- Press garlic cloves and put in a tea strainer.
- Place puree with other ingredients in small heavy saucepan.
- Add enough juice to make applesauce consistency.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove garlic.
- Strain if desired.
- I have not tried this, yet, but it looked interesting enough that I
retained it from some now-forgotten source. I hope it works for you.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.