Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 9 inch square pan
- 1 stick butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) mashed banana (3 medium)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- Preheat oven 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Butter and flour 9 inch square pan.
- Cream the butter, slowly add the sugar and beat until light.
- Add the banana, eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the banana mixture and blend.
- Add the sour cream and beat until well blended.
- Spread in the pan and bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and shake confectioners sugar on top.
- I got this wonderfully moist cake from the Fannie Farmer Cookbook.
It doesn't last long so I sometimes double the recipe!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.