Print Friendly Recipe
- A quick stir fry
- Kelli Greene
- 5 tsp (25 ml) cornstarch
- 5 tsp (25 ml) white wine or water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth
- 2 cups (475 ml) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb (.5 kg). shrimp
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 oz (140 grm). can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) salad oil
- Add cornstarch to white wine or water and stir to dissolve. Stir in sugar, salt, soy sauce and chicken broth. Set aside.
- Toss together mushrooms, shrimp, onion, water chestnuts and garlic.
- In wok or large skillet, heat salad oil. Add mushroom mixture and stir fry over high heat, 3 to 5 minutes, until shrimp turn pink.
- Lower heat to medium, add cornstarch mixture and stir until sauce is slightly thickened and transparent.
- Serve with rice.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.