Print Friendly Recipe
- Jane W.
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) graham cracker crumbs
- 3 4 tbsp (60 ml) melted butter
- 2 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) vanilla
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 1 pound cream cheese
- lemon bits or lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Combine crust ingredients and press into round spring-form pan, forming crust as far up sides as it will go.
- Bake crust 5 minutes; cool.
- Beat egg whites till stiff.
- Process remaining filling ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Fold together gently with egg whites.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Combine topping ingredients and spread over baked cheese cake.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Cool thoroughly; then chill.
- If desired, cover with foil and freeze.
- This is from a blender cookbook that I got many years ago. Would like to
give credit, but I don't even have the blender any more! This recipe
still makes the best basic cheese cake I've ever tasted, and I hope
it will also be enjoyed by others.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.