Print Friendly Recipe
- East Indian hot tea/milk beverage. Comfort at it's best.
- Rainy Mountain Gardens
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- 1 3 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 inch piece of ginger root cut into 4 slices
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cardamom seeds
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) whole cloves
- 1 tsp (5 ml) whole coriander seeds
- 3 teabags black tea
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- honey or other sweetener to taste
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan.
- Add spices, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add teabags and steep 10 minutes.
- Add milk and heat to drinking temperature-do not boil.
- Strain mixture through a cheesecloth or cotton dish towel.
- Serve with honey or other sweetener to taste.
- I'll make a batch and store on the refrigerator, heating a cup as desired in
the microwave. If stronger flavor is desired, increase spices or teabags.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.