Print Friendly Recipe
- Stuffed blue cheese mushrooms with bacon
- Tyloo Fagan
- 38 Large gourmet mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
- 6 scallions chopped
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- mushroom stems, chopped fine
- 10 slices bacon
- 16 oz (448 grm) (or more) blue cheese at room temperature, or blend blue cheese and cream cheese for milder flavor.
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sweet basil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cardemon
- white wine
- Clean mushrooms: DO NOT RINSE THEM, BRUSH DIRT OFF WITH ANYTHING DRY (paper towel, brush, etc).
- Set out a cookie sheet with sides, clean and take out stems (keep stems), and set mushrooms in a row on cookie sheet.
- Saute stems and scallions until soft. Cool.
- Cook (on one side only) bacon.
- Mix blue cheese, basil, cardemon, sour cream in a bowl.
- Drizzle with wine, blending until mixture has a cookie dough consistency.
- Stuff the mushrooms with mixture (mound a bit) using two tsp.
- Cut each bacon slice into fourths and put the side that was NOT cooked up on top of mixture.
- Broil about 1 minute or two (WATCH IT), until the cheese melts and bacon is crisp.
- Serve with napkins....its a finger food.
- Happy eating.
- This recipe is an offshoot of one I made up that is titled Four Cheese
Stuffed Mushrooms. I had to guess at the amount of blue cheese...let
your imagination fly....have fun doing a new recipe!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.