Print Friendly Recipe
- Irish Wholemeal Bread
- Mark Duncan
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg) wholemeal flour
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg) strong flour
- 4 ozs pinhead oats
- 4 ozs Oatmeal
- 4 ozs wheat germ
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) bread soda
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 2 litres buttermilk
- Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well together.
- Slowly add in the buttermilk and mix to a wet consistency.
- Preheat your oven to 180 cup(350 f.)
- Butter and flour loaf tins.
- Divide mixture between loaf tins, fill to 3/4 capacity and smooth out.
- Place in oven for 30 mins. remove and turn bread upside down, then
- return to oven for a further 15/20 mins.
- Bread should sound hollow when tapped on base.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.