Print Friendly Recipe
- Party munchies for the football season
- Sharyn/Kansas City
Serves/Makes:Enough for a Party
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). each: paprika, celery salt, and dry mustard
- pinch of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- Keep the butter in the freezer until ready.
- Sift flour, salt, and all the dry spices into a bowl.
- Add the cheese.
- Grate frozen butter on the coarsest side of your grater and mix into the flour with a knife or finger tips until crumb-like.
- Beat the egg yolk and combine with the mixture to bind it.
- Knead everything together until pliable.
- Divide into three pieces.
- Roll the pieces in the palms of your hands to form a sausage with the diameter of a large coin.
- Place the sausage shapes on a board and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Hint-more is recommended.
- Preheat to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Slice into thinnish disks (1/4 inch); arrange on baking sheets & bake for 10-15 minutes, swapping the sheet positons at half time.
- The coins should be crisp and golden brown.
- This recipe was forwarded to me by my "keypal", whose son forwarded it
to her. These are yummy :-) just as they are, however, your favorite
dipping sauce would equally work as well.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.