Print Friendly Recipe
- Cajun-spiced dish
- Fran Baker
- 1 30 oz (840 grm). can red kidney beans
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) white pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) paprika
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) quick-cooking rice
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic salt
- Pour beans in a big saucepan and start heating on medium heat.
- Add the spices and butter.
- Smash some of the beans when the mixture begins to boil.
- Stir mixture constantly.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare rice, boiling gently until water is absorbed, with 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter and 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic salt.
- The beans should reach the consistency of refried beans.
They should have a smooth, creamy texture with some whole beans.
Serve the beans and rice by pouring 1/2 cup of beans into a bowl and scoop the same amount of rice on top of the beans.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.