Print Friendly Recipe
- Cake & Pudding in a punch bowl
- Julie Greenway
Serves/Makes:One large punch bowl full
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 Cups (700 ml) vanilla ice cream
- 2 small boxes vanilla pudding mix
- 3 Cups (700 ml) milk
- 2 tubs (8 oz) Cool Whip, softened
- 2 Hershey's chocolate bars
- Prepare cake in 13 inch x inch pan according to package directions, let cool.
- Combine ice cream and milk in bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add boxes of pudding mix and stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate pudding mixture until thickened.
- 1/2 Crumble cake into the bottom of a large punch bowl.
- 1/2 Pour pudding mixture on top of cake and spread evenly with spoon.
- Spoon 1 tub Cool Whip on top of pudding mixture and spread.
- Grate 1 Hershey's bar on top of Cool Whip.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve.
- I love to experiment with different flavors for this cake.
Try making a Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake as follows:
Substitute strawberry cake mix for the chocolate.
Substitute strawberry pie filling for the chocolate bars.
Butterscotch is delicious too:
Substitute Butter Pecan cake mix for the chocolate.
Substitute Butterscotch pudding for the vanilla.
Substitue Butterscotch ice cream topping drizzled on Cool Whip,
for chocolate bars.
This cake can be made in a variety of flavors, use your imagination.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.