Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped bell pepper
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped green onion
- 3 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes, then taste to adjust the salt and pepper.
- For a more liquid salsa, increase the amount of lime juice and/or add a little olive oil.
- Roma tomatoes are one of my favorites for this salsa but it may take a
couple more because they are typically a smaller variety. This version
is particularly good with chips and can also be served as a topping for
eggs, tostadas and soups. It's medium hot but can be "fired-up" if you
leave in the jalape o seeds.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.