Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:2 1/2 cups
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) minced red onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced sweet red pepper
- 3 jalape o chiles, minced (seeds add heat if desired)
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) seeded and chopped tomato (1 large)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Mix avocado chunks with the lime juice and olive oil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- The chunks of avocado distinguish this from guacamole. Make sure avocados are ripe but not overripe (soft).
This chunky, spicy salsa is wonderful with corn chips or with grilled chicken.
May be prepared ahead, but peel/pit/dice avocado and stir in just before serving.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.