Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 large box of Jello, i.e., Cherry
- Alcohol of your choice, i.e., Red Hot Schnapps
- 1 oz (28 grm). paper cups, which you can buy at Gordon's Food Service (250 ct. = $2)
- Prepare jello as directed on box:
- Boil 2 cups (475 ml) water.
- Add Cherry Jello, stirring until dissolved (1 minute tops.)
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) cold water.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) Red Hot Schnapps.
- Mix well.
- Arrange dixie cups on a baking sheet or tray.
- Find a cup with an edge you can pour from; a measuring cup with a pouring lip works great.
- Carefully pour liquid into each dixie cup, just below edge.
- Carefully place tray in refrigerator until set (about 30 minutes).
- The shots will set faster if you put the tray in the freezer, but watch them so they don't freeze (if that's possible).
- The example I gave you is a favorite among most people. You can experiment
with any kind of jello/alcohol combo. I try not to make the shots too "stiff".
It's more fun to try the different varieties of shots than to get drunk too
fast. Also, keep an eye on the alcohol volume. Obviously, Absolute Vodka would
be much stronger, therefore, you would use more water and less Absolute.
Another great example is to use Coca-Cola in place of ALL of the water, and
use Cherry Jello (NOT Black Cherry), and rum. Tastes like Cherry Coke.
Lastly, check out the Jellophille website: http://hazel.ddb.com/Jello/
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.