Print Friendly Recipe
- One pan preparation
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil or butter
- 6 frozen breaded veal patties
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese
- 1 20 oz (560 grm). can tomatoes, diced or mashed
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) instant onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). pkg. mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet; dip veal patties in egg first, then in 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese.
- Brown patties in oil for about 3 minutes on each side, removing from pan as they brown.
- Cut each oval patty in half.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce to empty skillet.
- Stir in onion and spices; cook uncovered, stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Top each veal patty with a slice of mozzarella cheese, dividing evenly.
- Arrange veal, cheese side up, slightly overlapping in the sauce in skillet.
- Sprinkle with the additional 3 tbsp (45 ml) parmesan cheese.
- Cover; cook over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- I've made this recipe for years. It's always quick and easy, good enough to
serve to surprise dinner quests. Just add a salad and rolls.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.