Print Friendly Recipe
- Joyce Anderson
Serves/Makes:1 9 x 13 pan
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 loaf (1 lb (.5 kg).) sliced bread, crusts removed
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (475 ml) cubed fully cooked ham
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups (700 ml) milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dry mustard
- In a saucepan, cover asparagus with water; cover and cook until just tender but still firm. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly brush butter over one side of the bread slices.
- Place half of the bread, buttered side up, in a greased 13 inch x 9 inch x 2 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup (125 ml) cheese.
- Layer with asparagus, and ham.
- Cover with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, onion, salt and mustard; pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Return to the oven for 10 minues or until cheese is melted and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.