Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can diced tomatoes
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can ranch style beans
- 1 4.5 oz (126 grm). can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 4.5 oz (126 grm). can chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) uncooked rice (Minute Rice takes less time)
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded cheese
- chili powder, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown beef in pot.
- Add tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, chilies, rice and water.
- Season with the chili powder, salt and pepper.
- When rice is done turn down heat to low.
- Top with the crushed tortilla chips (do not stir in) and sprinkle shredded cheese on top of chips.
- Put lid on pot; dinner is ready when cheese is melted.
- A pan of cornbread will make this meal complete.
- I know the name of this dish "Possum Stew" is misleading. But, the first time I made it my husband renamed it. He like his name much better than the one the cookbook gave it which was "Texas Beef Skillet" This is his favorite dish.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.