Print Friendly Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sugar
- 4 Tbl cornstarch
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 2 Tbl margarine or butter
- 2 bananas
- 1 pie shell, pre-baked
- Whisk together milk, cream and egg yolks.
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch in heavy saucepan.
- Whisk in the yolk mixture and cook over medium heat stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir the mixture constantly until comes to boil, about 7 minutes more.
- Boil, stirring 1 minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla, butter and banana.
- Pour cooked filling into a baked pie shell and smooth top.
- Finish with meringue or whipped cream topping.
- This is a marvelous cream pie. For Chocolate cream pie omit banana
increase the sugar 1 one cup and add 4 oz. chocolate chips.
For butterscotch cream pie....substitute 3/4 cup well packed brown
sugar for granulated.
For coconut cream pie, add 1 1/2 flaked sweetened coconut to filling
Sprinkle toasted coconut over top.
The above recipe is a basic cream recipe that I use for a variation
of cream pies, and it never fails. No imitation taste! Enjoy Husband.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.