Print Friendly Recipe
- For use in crank-type ice cream freezer
- Tom King
Serves/Makes:About 1/2 gallon
- 2 cans Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed (not evaporated) milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 quart (950 ml) plus 1 cup (225 ml) half and half (or whole milk)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vanilla
- Mix all ingredients well and pour into ice cream freezer.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- If you want to add fruit, omit the 1 cup (225 ml) of half-and-half and add about a cup of fruit.
- Be sure to mash the fruit well before adding as whole pieces of fruit freeze very hard and are unedible.
- This recipe has been in our family for over 50 years. I don't know where it originated, but it makes a very rich ice cream.
You may substitute whole milk or even 2 percent milk, but the half and half produces a smoothe creamy product.
This rivals the best "premium" ice creams in the grocery stores!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.