Print Friendly Recipe
- Colorful and good
- Southern Living
Serves/Makes:3 1/2 pints
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) (1/4-inch-thick slices) zucchini, un-peeled.
- 3 cups (700 ml) thinly sliced onions
- 3 cups (700 ml) sliced green peppers
- 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) cold water
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) vinegar (5% acidity)
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pickling salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground turmeric
- 1 tsp (5 ml) celery seeds
- 1 tsp (5 ml) mustard seeds
- Combine zucchini, onions, green pepper, and 1 1/2 quats cold water in a large bowl; let stand 3 hours.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large Dutch oven, mixing well; bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables; return to a boil and cook gently 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Pack into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Cover at once with metal lids, and crew bands tight.
- Process in boiling-water bath for 10 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.