Print Friendly Recipe
- German Potato Dumplings
- Recipes from around the world
Serves/Makes:12 or more dumplings
- 9 medium size potatoes
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cornstarch
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) raw farina or cream of wheat
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- 1 cup (225 ml) white bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) boiling salted water
- Scrub potatoes.
- Boil in salted water until just soft enough to mash.
- Drain and mash smoothly.
- Add egg yolks, cornstarch, cereal, pepper, salt and nutmeg. Beat well.
- Shape into dumplings, placing a few read crumbs in center of each.
- It is a good idea to shape one first and if it does not hold together while cooking, beat a little flour into dumpling mixture before shaping remainder.
- Roll each dumpling lightly in flour.
- Cook in rapidly boiling salted water 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from water; serve hot.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.