Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious and "garlicky"
- "The Best of Beard" Cookbook by James Beard
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). jumbo shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I triple this)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dried basil
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dry mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive or peanut oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Split through shell of each shrimp with kitchen shears.
- Remove black vein but leave shrimp shell intact.
- Place in bowl or jar with mixture of remaining ingredients; marinate for several hours or overnight (I have marinated for 2 days with excellent results).
- Grill over charcoal or in a broiler for 4 to 5 minutes or until shells are slightly browned and shrimp are just cooked through.
- The longer these marinate the better they are. Don't grill too long or
they will be hard to peel.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.