Print Friendly Recipe
- Veal or Chicken cutlets in a lemon butter sauce
- Deb Kiska
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). veal or chicken cutlets
- 2 14 oz (392 grm). cans chicken broth
- 2 or more lemons, depends on taste
- 16 oz (448 grm). butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- Pound cutlets to approximately 1 inch thick
- Mix flour in a bowl with 1 tbsp (15 ml). salt and 2 tbsp (30 ml). pepper.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl.
- In a large frying pan pour in oil to coat bottom of pan.
- Dip cutlets in egg.
- Dredge cutlets in flour mixture.
- Place cutlets in frying pan, browning on both sides.
- Remove cutlets from pan, place in dish to side.
- Melt the butter in the same pan add the juice of lemons and chicken broth.
- Place cutlets in liquid in pan.
- Cover pan and allow to simmer for 45 minutes. No turning is necessary.
- Remove cutlets from pan.
- Pour sauce over culets
- If frying pan is not big enough, a baking pan can be used.
- Follow above steps for preparing.
- Place everything in a baking pan and cover.
- Cook in oven at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes.
- This recipe was given to my mother many years ago. It came from a resturant in Little Italy, in New York.
It might not be what the reader is looking for, but it tastes great.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.