Print Friendly Recipe
- Charlene Collins
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) skim milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Spray 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl; combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In small bowl; combine milk, egg whites and apple sauce.
- Stir apple sauce mixture into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cut into 9 squares; serve warm.
- Nutrients per serving: calories 150, total fat 0.5g, sodium 370mg, cholesterol 0mg.
This recipe was taken from the Mott's Apple Sauce A Better Way to Bake book.
Be sure to not overmix or overbake the recipe or it will be tough.
My husband and I replaced our old cornbread recipe with this one with
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.