Print Friendly Recipe
- American Baking Classics
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) freshly ground nutmeg
- 6 peaches (about 1 - 1/2 pounds) peeled pitted and skinned
- 2 cups (475 ml) blackberries
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1 deep dish pie crust recipe
- In mixing bowl combine the sugar, flour, and nutmeg.
- Add the peach slices and blackberries.
- Toss fruit and sugar mixture together gently but thoroughly.
- Spoon fruit into the pie dish mounding it as you go.
- Dot the top with the bits of butter.
- Cover the fruit with the prepared pie dough.
- Cut a few steam vents in the crust with a small, sharp knife.
- Bake the pie for 10 minutes at 425 degrees (225 C.) F. then reduce oven temp to 350 degrees (175 C.), and continue baking for 40 minutes longer or till the crust is golden and the fruit is tender.
- This is quick and easy!! The hardest thing is the pie crust!!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.