Print Friendly Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) Confidence Mix (see recipe # 000551)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) baking soda
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salad oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk (none on hand? Just mix one cup of 2% milk with one tblsp. of lemon juice. Let stand for 15 minutes before using)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped nuts, or unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) brown sugar or maple syrup or 3 drops of Stevia as a sweetener
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla &/or almond extract
- By hand or in the food processor, mix the liquid ingredients together thoroughly.
- Then add the dry ingredients mixing until just moist.
- Heat a frying pan or heavy skillet until water dropped on the surface spatters.
- If a well-seasoned cast iron is used, it's not necessary to oil the pan, otherwise, do so.
- Drop the batter onto the pan by 1/8 cup (30 ml) measures.
- When bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancakes, flip them over with a metal spatula.
- When brown, serve up.
- I forgot to mention with the confidence mix recipe that the mix can be
stored for a long time in an airtight jar in the fridge or on the counter.
Coolest and handiest place available to remind you to use it.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.