Print Friendly Recipe
- Patty Johnson
- 10 Lbs (4.5 kg). Green (unripe) Mangoes*, cut up
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Lb (.2 kg). Seedless Raisins
- 1 20 oz (560 grm). can Crushed Pineapple
- 2 Tbs (30 ml). Chili Powder
- 2 oz (56 grm). fresh Ginger Root, peeled and diced
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). Cinnamon
- 2 Tbs (30 ml). Dry Mustard
- 1 Tbs (15 ml). Whole Pickling Spices
- 3 cups (700 ml) Vinegar
- 3 Lbs (1.4 kg). Brown Sugar or more to taste
- *There are multitudinous varieties of mangoes and sizes. An average mango will
- weigh about 3/4 pound. Be careful with the peel because it causes allergic
- reactions in some.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Boil slowly for 2 to 3 hours or until thick.
- Season to taste.
- Pour into clean sterilized jars and seal and process according to manufacturers canning instructions for 15 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Store at room temperature.
- This recipe is from the Tropic Cooking Cookbook.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.