Print Friendly Recipe
- Teddy Ronan
- 3 Lbs (1.4 kg). Green Mangos, halved, pitted, peeled and diced (9 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (475 ml) vinegar
- 6 cups (1425 ml) sugar
- 1 lb (.5 kg). plums, scalded, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Sprinkle mangos with and set aside for 1 hour. Drain.
- Process the ginger, garlic and 2/3 cup (150 ml) vinegar in a food processor until it forms a smooth paste.
- Put the mangos and sugar in a saucepan and boil until mangos are tender and mixture is a jam-like consistancy, about 45 minutes.
- Add the seasoned paste and stir gently.
- Add the plums and cook stirring for eight minutes.
- Add remaining vinegar and simmer for 15 minutes or until thick and dry.
- Put in jars and process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.