Print Friendly Recipe
- Kate Ransdell
- 5 tomatillos, husked and rinsed until no longer sticky
- 1/2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Mexican oregano (if you can find it)
- 2 Serrano chiles, minced (remove seeds if you don't want it too hot)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white onion, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water, or more as desired
- In a blender or food processor, puree tomatillos and garlic.
- Add avocado, cilantro and oregano and puree until smooth.
- Fold in remaining ingredients and water to thin.
- The salsa should be pourable.
- Try this gently heated over shrimp enchiladas; or as a sauce in fish tacos.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.